Gas Fire Service in Devon
Gas Fires Servicing since the early 1980s.
We’ve all come back home on a chilly autumn or winter day (or a summer one for that matter!) to want to sit in front of our gas fire with a warming drink and heat up. Many of us have then spent 15mins trying to light the fire, and in some cases not get it working at all.
Here at Simon Turner Showrooms we have been providing a gas fire service in Devon since the early 1980s Whether your gas fire is a new model or an older version we have the skill, knowledge and experience to provide a first-class job, servicing your fire.
Why it is important to get your gas fire serviced annually.
Your gas fire seems to be working just fine – so why bother getting it serviced every year? Any appliance in your home that is powered by gas needs servicing on a regular basis, not just to make sure it is easy to light, is working well and works efficiently, but of paramount importance – so that it is safe.
Having a gas fire service carried out on a regular (annual) basis takes care of all of these matters, ensuring that you have peace of mind, and a warm home.
If you are a landlord with a tenanted home that has a gas fire installed then you must make sure that you always maintain and service your gas fire and hold a valid landlord’s certificate, which we can help you with.
Our gas fire service checklist.
It’s always a good feeling knowing what is being done to your home, especially when it involves such an important appliance such as your gas fire.
Here is a list that coves some of what we may do when we service your gas fire. Please note that this list isn’t what we do for every fire – as the many makes and models differ greatly as do their servicing requirements.
- Firstly we check with you if you have experienced any issues with the fire, then we visually examine the gas fire and its flue to check that it is suitably located and installed in accordance with all relevant regulations.
- When we are satisfied with this we remove the glass front / door if there is one, and then clean this thoroughly.
- Next we inspect the burner and the catalysts and if necessary clean these.
- After turning off the gas supply we remove the burner unit and pipes and clean them, as well as cleaning the restrictor and pilot assembly.
- Following cleaning and checking all these parts for wear and tear we put it all back together, turn the gas supply on again and test for leaks (if any are found then we fix them!)
- We then fit the glass front / door assembly / casing, check for correct ventilation, re-light the fire and test the pressure.
- After we are sure that the appliance is safely operating we consider the gas fire service to be completed.
How a gas fire service in Devon saves you money.
A gas fire service will cost £75 (+vat) and while that is another household expense to take into consideration, the work done when servicing your gas fire will save you money (not to mention helping the environment) as it will make your gas fire run more efficiently.
Carrying out the steps mentioned above (in our ‘gas fire service checklist) allows your gas fire to run more efficiently and that saves you money. Having a regular annual service also give your gas fire a longer lifespan, and having to replace a gas fire is no small investment.
We are also currently offering a £30 discount when you have two gas appliances serviced – saving you even more money!
How do you know when your gas fire is serviced that the gas fire engineer you choose has the expertise and experience required?
Servicing your gas fire should only ever be undertaken by a professional that holds the correct qualifications. These are namely:
- Gas Safe members – Gas Safe is the National watchdog for gas safety within the UK.
- NICEIC approved contractors – this means that all contractors meet stringent quality and safety standard when installing electrical devices.
- HETAS members – HETAS approved competent installers for biomass and solid fuel domestic heating appliances for systems that go beyond the standard gas system.
At Simon Turner Showrooms we hold, and are members of, all of the above accreditations and industry bodies and we have an unwavering commitment to unparalleled customer service delivered by highly experienced technicians.
You can trust Simon Turner, you can trust our gas fire fitters in Devon and trust in a company that has been in business since the 1980’s.
Would you like to speak to a friendly adviser about your gas fire service?
Having your gas fire serviced is a critical job to have done for the safety and well-being of your home and all who live in it. To speak to one of our helpful advisors why not pick up the phone or come in to meet us and let us help you with our knowledge and experience.
CALL US ON 01395 267805
Where we travel to, to provide our gas fire service in Devon.
Our gas fire engineers service a large area covering parts of Devon and into Somerset. For example we have completed gas fire servicing in a variety of locations in Devon including:-
Ashburton, Bovey Tracey, Brixham, Budleigh Salterton, Chard, Crediton, Cullompton, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Exeter, Exmouth, Honiton, Kingsbridge, Kinsgsteinton, Newton Abbot, Okehampton, Ottery St Mary, Paington, Salcombe, Seaton, Sidmouth, Taunton, Tavistock, Teignmouth, Tiverton, Topsham, Torquay, Totnes & Wellington.
N.B. The map shows approximate areas that we cover
With thousands of gas fires serviced in Devon over 35+ years you can be rest assured that you are using a tried and trusted gas boiler service wherever you’re located locally.