In May last year when we were in the first lockdown due to Coronavirus we wrote a blog post to communicate the measures we had put in place to ensure we were conforming to the suggested guidelines. We are now at the start of the third lockdown (writing this in early January) and so want to reiterate the measures we have in place, for your safety and that of our staff.
At this time we are very much aware that continuing to conform to social distancing and maintain excellent hygiene standards are crucial both for the wellbeing of our staff and you our customers and as such we have put together an overview, below, of the measures we continue to take to ensure we are doing all we can in our customers’ homes:-
Our Engineers and Home Visits
- Engineers are sanitising their vans daily.
- Engineers each have their own hand gel, disposable gloves and face masks.
- New dust sheets are being used for each customer.
- Whilst working in customers’ homes the engineers will ensure there is adequate ventilation by opening doors and windows.
- Engineers will keep at least 2 metres from customers and each other, although engineers may need to be closer to each other to lift heavy fittings.
- Before leaving a customers’ home the engineers will clean all surfaces they have been in contact with.
- Communicating with households prior to any visit to discuss how the work will be carried out to minimise risk for all parties.
We hope that these points cover all of the measures we can take to ensure the safety and well being of all, and look forward to visiting you in your homes.